March 26, 2020
In response to the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) I wanted to let you know what Covenant is doing in an effort to keep our church family and community as safe as possible. Covenant has suspended all onsite campus activities. This includes small groups at both campuses, as well as our church services in order to comply with our state government’s “Stop the Spread” order.
While we will not be meeting together at our physical locations, we’re still going to meet together online. We will be worshipping online at all of our regular service times, and we would love for you to join us at 5:30 pm on Saturday or 9:15 and 11:00 am on Sunday.
We love gathering together as a body for corporate worship each week. Yet we know that the most effective strategy in slowing down the coronavirus (COVID-19) threat is to refrain from gathering. We want to serve our community and our Covenant family well.
Please know we are not acting out of fear. As the body of Christ, we point people to Jesus, the one who calms storms and casts out fear.
We will continue to monitor this virus and keep you informed of additional changes as necessary via our website (www.covenant.cc), our Covenant app, and our Facebook and Instagram pages. Our offices will be closed until April 8 but we are still able to receive phone calls.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is Covenant Students offering any way for students to participate in ministry? Yes. Parents of High School & Middle School students should be on the lookout for a weekly email from Lisa Jenkins and Drew Peyton with details of how your student can participate in student ministry which includes; discussion questions, a weekly Youtube teaching video from Drew and social media specials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list.
2. Is Covenant Kids offering any way for children to participate in ministry? Yes. We are posting weekly lessons on the Covenant website at covenant.cc/kids. Just click on the button that says “Weekly Lesson at Home.” The password is covenantkids. There is a video lesson and even worship videos! There will also be other fun things for your kids posted on social media-stay tuned!
3. Is Covenant College offering any way for college students to participate in ministry? Yes. All opportunities for college students can be found at covenant.cc/college.
4. Are small groups cancelled? Yes. All campus activities have been suspended until further notice. However, if you are a group leader, we encourage you to reach out to your group and continue meeting via Zoom. If you are looking for a group we are in the process of starting new online groups. Contact email@example.com for details.
5. How does online church work? Good question. Go to the Covenant app or covenant.cc and click “Watch Live.” You can fill out a “Tell Us” Card, share a prayer request, fill in the sermon notes, and even give your regular offering in both of these platforms.