Here are our current staff team openings. Please review associated documents for each position prior to submitting your employment application.
The Accounts Payable Administrator is a full-time, salaried employee responsible for processing weekly payable checks, administering payroll and Covenant Church personnel benefits, and supporting the ministry of Covenant Church. This position is an integral part of the finance staff with great responsibilities and reports to the Finance Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Processes Weekly Payable Checks
- Reviews thoroughly all accounts payable invoices, check requests, bills, and reimbursements received for accuracy and proper approval.
- Communicates effectively with staff and/or vendors to address discrepancies, missing or inaccurate information, or clarification in order to process requests.
- Reviews all credit card reconciliations to ensure proper documentation and approvals prior to entering the transaction in the financial database.
- Administers all accounts payable checks and wires for Covenant Church, Covenant Preschool & Kindergarten, and supported non-profit organizations: Connect Community Center & Ministry of Hope.
- Prepares all accounts payable checks for mailing/distribution.
Administers Payroll & Personnel Benefits
- Establishes, updates, and maintains employees and information in payroll system.
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure time sheets are submitted, staff payroll inquiries are sufficiently answered, and consults with Finance Manager and Executive Pastor concerning any issues, discrepancies, or changes to payroll.
- Processes payroll semi-monthly for Covenant Church and Covenant Preschool & Kindergarten.
- Processes IRA and HSA payments
- Reviews time off requests, meticulously verifies requests match payroll timesheets, enters requests on Covenant Church calendar, and posts time off to individual staff record.
Supports the Ministry of Covenant Church
- Resources the Finance Team by thoroughly recording and distributing minutes of the monthly meeting and other administrative duties.
- Prepares reports for leadership teams, staff, and departments as requested.
- Supplies account balances for select personnel benefits.
- Demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for all people.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates discipline in approach to work and work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Relevant experience (minimum of 2-3 years) in accounts payable or accounting
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below.
The Pre-Teen Coordinator is responsible for the development of the fourth and fifth program. Coordinator will tailor programming to begin transition from CK to Covenant Students. This person will assist curriculum coordinator with ideas for activities or additions to curriculum. The coordinator will be responsible for contacting each small group and large group leader to review lessons, discuss upcoming ministry events and provide any announcements. This position will work with director to coach, equip and disciple volunteers and parents. The position will work towards growing pre-teen program in CK. They will plan, coordinate, and execute any Pre-teen programming and or special events, i.e., Friday nights, camps, kids serving kids. This individual will communicate regularly with parents of fourth and fifth graders. Coordinator will work with director to develop resources for parents and special programing tailored towards equipping and discipling parents. They will pray for the children and leaders. This individual is also responsible for inviting individuals to serve and growing new volunteers. In addition, they must work with volunteer coordinator and director to come up with ways to appreciate volunteers. If there becomes a need for additional individuals in rooms, coordinator will cover classroom.
This individual should be very relational. Sunday mornings are required. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid. This individual is also responsible for following church and ministry policies and procedures as well as values of Covenant Church and Covenant Kids.
- Facilitate one small group per semester
- Plan and execute at least 1 event per month for fourth and or fifth grade
- Invite individuals to serve
- Write weekly thank you notes
- Attend monthly kids team meetings and special events
- Attend church worship service regularly (Saturday night)
- Work Sunday Services as Coordinator for appropriate age group
- Must be a member or go through membership process for Covenant Church
- Must be approachable and able to work with a wide variety of people
- Create quarterly newsletter for age group
- Must share resources through social media or email platform
- Reflects a teachable spirit and eagerness to learn to both further your spiritual walk and your role as a covenant staff member and the Pre-Teen Coordinator
- Growing in your spiritual development through small groups, discipleship, quiet time